Make your move now.
We aim to create concrete and inspiring solutions to sustainability. Ylva specializes in city development through real estate, investments and HoReCa services. We are now looking for new members to join our team.
Will you rise to the challenge? Are you our new Chief Sustainability Officer?
The future takes place in cities, and only cities that invest in sustainable solutions will be good places to live for future generations. Ylva builds a sustainable and international City of Tomorrow: Helsinki. To succeed, we need our industry’s cutting-edge technologies and data measuring tools in our projects.
To achieve our vision, we are now seeking
a Chief Sustainability Officer
- to develop Ylva’s business areas inclusively and sustainably across different business sectors and
- to create a new global SDG reporting standard.
Ylva’s key investment area is real estate development. Our aim is to develop environmental responsibility of our greenfield and brownfield properties with regards to emissions during construction as well as end use.
As an expert in sustainability, you will take part in executing Ylva’s strategy, in building the most emission-efficient properties in the Nordics as well as in modernising our more than century old key properties.
In our HoReCa sector we aim to reduce our carbon footprint and develop innovative sustainable practices that will lead both our stakeholders and the overall society towards a more sustainable way of life.
Our work community value professionals who are always prepared to help one another, are solution-driven and have good social interaction skills.
You will be successful in this role if you
- have a vision of a carbon neutral built environment
- have diverse technical know-how combined with knowledge of economic issues
- want to develop sustainable business operations and SDG reporting on a global level
- have a good grasp of major sustainability certifications, but are not limited thereto
- are not hindered by partial optimisation and are able to see the bigger picture
- have a suitable higher academic degree (Master or Doctor) and have post-graduate experience in either consultancy or in one of our business sectors
- work fluently in English. Other language skills, including but not limited to the Nordic languages, are valued, however, not prerequisites.
Industry experience within real estate business and its sustainability certifications is considered an asset.
We offer you a varied and challenging role in a growing company located in the heart of Helsinki. The job requires a moderate amount of travel.
To apply, please send an application letter, CV and a salary request by 30 June 2019 via https://www.mercuriurval.com/fi-fi/, job reference FI-14160 . The position may be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about the position, please contact Aki Hyryläinen tel. +358 400 200 878 at Mercuri Urval, or Antti Kerppola, CEO of Ylva, tel. +358 45 353 2187.
Ylva’s objective is to build an international and sustainable city of science and economy. Our business operations are focused on real estate and financial investments, along with the accommodation and restaurant business. We are owned by the students of the Student Union of the University of Helsinki. Ylva’s turnover in 2018 was €33.5 million and operating result €5.5 million. Until 20 March 2019, Ylva was known as HYY Group.